Teeth Whitening Aftercare.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures. It is a simple, in-office treatment that can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth. But what do you need to do after teeth whitening to maintain your results?
Here are some tips for taking care of your teeth after whitening:
1. Avoid foods and drinks that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark fruits and vegetables.
2. Brush your teeth twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
3. floss daily to remove plaque and bacteria from between your teeth.
4. Use a mouthwash that contains fluoride to help keep your teeth healthy and clean.
5. Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco, which can damage your teeth and gums.
Teeth Whitening Aftercare White Diet.
Teeth whitening is a popular procedure, but what many people don’t know is that they need to follow some simple aftercare steps in order to maintain their results. One important step is to avoid certain foods and drinks that can stain teeth. Here are some tips for maintaining your whiter smile after teeth whitening:
-Avoid drinking coffee, tea, red wine, and cola drinks. These beverages contain chromogens, which can stain your teeth.
-Avoid eating dark berries like blueberries and blackberries. These fruits contain anthocyanins, which can also stain your teeth.
-If you must drink or eat something that may stain your teeth, try to brush your teeth immediately afterwards. This will help remove any chromogens or anthocyanins from your teeth before they have a chance to settle in and cause staining.
What you do immediately after a teeth whitening treatment dictates how well the results will last. The first twenty-four hours after treatment are especially important. Here are some rules for post-treatment care, in addition to the guidelines your dentist advises:
- Avoid drinks that leave dark stains such as coffee, red wine, fruit juice, dark sodas, beer, and black tea
- Avoid foods that leave dark stains such as soy sauce, cured meats, chocolate, and any kind of fruit
- No smoking, although limited use of e-cigarettes is ok
- Avoid coloured toothpaste and mouthwashes, for example, red or blue
These guidelines can be summed up as “if it would stain a white shirt, it will stain a white tooth”. Whatever passes through your lips after a tooth whitening treatment should be light coloured and have a soft, non-acidic texture. Some foods that fall under this description and would be good choices post-treatment include:
- White cream sauces
- White cheese
- Skinless chicken breast
- Peeled potatoes
- White yogurt
- Clear coconut water
- Clear alcohol with light mixers, such as gin and tonic or vodka soda
After the first twenty-four hours, try to avoid teeth staining foods for as long as you can. This will greatly impact how long the results of your treatment last. If you go right back to your teeth-staining habits then you’ll notice the whiteness of your teeth starting to dull after only three months. If you keep up your good habits your teeth whitening should last for a year or more.
Some tips for ongoing care include:
- Brush your teeth with water or white toothpaste immediately after eating or drinking anything that stains.
- Follow a good daily oral routine, including brushing, flossing, and mouthwash every morning and night.
- Consider whitening touch-ups every three to six months or so for best results if you smoke or drink a lot of dark beverages.
Product on saleHow to Start a Beauty Business Online Course$5.98 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleHydra Facial 4 x Treatment Online Course$99.00 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleHIEMT Toning Online Course$69.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleTeeth Whitening Online Course$69.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleUltimate Body Sculpting Masterclass Online Course$149.00 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleWood Therapy Online Course$69.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleTooth Jewel Online Course$59.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleLash Lift Online Course$59.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleRF Face & Body Online Course$69.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleBrow Lamination Online Course$59.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleHair Regrowth Online Course$49.95 Ex GST (Tax)
Product on saleLED Phototherapy Online Course$59.95 Ex GST (Tax)